Fran’s Dessert Fondue
Prepare small plates of chopped fruit, cookies, and pound cake and serve this rich, melted chocolate sauce in individual ramekins for a do-it-yourself dessert with family and friends.
- 1 jar (9 ounces) each: Fran’s Dark Chocolate Sauce, Caramel Sauce, and Raspberry Sauce
Assorted fresh ripe fruit, washed, dried and prepared:
- Strawberries, with husks
- Cherries, with stems
- Grapes, with stems
- Pears, halved, cored, and thinly sliced lengthwise with skins on
- Pineapple, peeled and cut in 1½-inch chunks
- Apples, halved, cored, and thinly sliced lengthwise with skins on
- Nectarines, halved, pitted, and thinly sliced lengthwise with skins on
- Orange segments, peeled
- Banana, peeled and cut into 1½-inch chunks
Assorted baked sweets
- Shortbread cookies
- Pound cake, cut into sticks or squares
- Pour dessert sauces into separate serving dishes.
- If serving sauce warmed, maintain temperature at the table by placing serving dishes over a low flame or candle, or within shallow bowls filled with hot water.
- Serve assorted fruit on a platter (or individual plates as described above).
- Provide individual long fondue forks or skewers for guests to dip their own dessert.