Fran’s Cappuccino Whipped Cream
The combination of coffee and chocolate is one of the foolproof marriages of the dessert world. This coffee-spiked cream is luscious with any pure dark-chocolate dessert.
Makes 3½ cups
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons brewed espresso or 2 tablespoons water mixed with 2 tablespoons instant coffee (preferably freeze-dried*)
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled**
- Either by hand or using a mixer, whisk together the sugar and coffee until frothy. The sugar will begin to dissolve.
- Add the cream and whisk until thoroughly combined and soft peaks form. Take care not to over-whip the cream as it may begin to lose its delicate texture.
- Store in the refrigerator.
*We like the Medaglia D’Oro brand.
**Purchase heavy whipping cream for the best whipped cream. These recipes were tested with 40 percent butterfat, for the best mounding.