Fran’s Ultimate Ice Cream Sandwiches
During the summer, we love to make up a batch or two of our Chocolate Wafers so we can quickly make these homemade ice-cream sandwiches for our outdoor barbecues. Long ago when we used to make these at our store, we had one Seattle fan order 250 for her summer wedding reception!
Let the celebrating begin!
Makes 6 large ice-cream sandwiches
- ½ recipe Chocolate Wafers (12 baked cookies)
- 1 pint favorite ice cream, softened or freshly churned (we love our Almost Burnt Sugar Ice Cream or White Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream)
- Place a small scoop of softened ice cream on the bottom of one cookie. Cover with a second cookie, bottom side down, and gently press to make a sandwich.
- Repeat until all 6 sandwiches are made and immediately place in the freezer. Let sandwiches freeze until completely hard, at least 2 hours.
- Store in the freezer, individually wrapped in plastic or in an airtight container.