Fran’s Writing Chocolate
- 2 ounces white, milk, or dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
To Make a Parchment Pastry Cone
- Cut out of parchment paper a triangle with a 17-inch-long base and 12-inch sides. Holding the center pointing up in your left hand, take the right corner in your right hand and turn it clockwise, bringing the point up to meet the center point at a 45-degree angle. Tuck it in your left hand.
- Then take the left corner in your right hand and turn it counterclockwise until the point meets the other side, making a 90-degree angle at the center. The two points should line up in the center with no more than a pinpoint of light showing in the tip of the cone. Pull both ends up slightly to tighten the hold.
- To secure, overlap the ends slightly to make a strong seam and make several narrow folds at the top, pressing with your fingers so the creases will hold. Each cone holds about 3 tablespoons of filling. Since paper cones are delicate, we recommend having a few ready when you begin decorating. Precut paper triangles and cones may be available at well-stocked cake supply stores.
To Make the Writing Chocolate
- In a small bowl over simmering water, melt the chocolate. Remove from the heat, add the vegetable oil, and stir with a spatula until smooth.
- Pour the writing chocolate into a parchment paper cone, then pipe desired decorations.