White Chocolate Raspberry Tart
In this easy spin on a Linzer torte, two layers of tart raspberries––a sumptuous raspberry sauce and a row of bright, fresh berries––contrast with a smooth layer of rich white chocolate. With its sturdy nut crust and bright red berries, this festive tart is a natural to take along on summer picnics and potlucks.
- one Walnut Tart Crust, baked and cooled
- 1 jar (9 ounces) Fran’s Raspberry Sauce
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 8 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 pints fresh raspberries, picked clean
- Remove the sides of the tart pan and place the crust on a serving platter.
- Thinly and evenly spread the Raspberry Sauce over the tart shell.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream on medium-high heat until it begins to simmer. Immediately remove from the heat.
- With a rubber spatula stir in the chopped chocolate until smooth. Let cool until about 80-85°F.
- Slowly pour the chocolate mixture over the Raspberry Sauce-covered tart shell, up to the rim, spreading evenly to the edges. Let sit in the refrigerator about 4 hours.
- When the tart is chilled, arrange fresh raspberries, pointy side up over the white chocolate filling.
- This impressive dessert is best enjoyed the day it is made.