Today’s milkshakes are never quite as cold and thick as we prefer. Wimpy modern milkshakes begin with soft-serve–a serious sacrilege as far as we are concerned. The trick to a great old-fashioned shake is to start with hard, ice-cold ice cream. Get out your long-handled spoons and enjoy!
Makes 1 serving
- 3 tbsp Fran’s Dark Chocolate Sauce
- 2½ scoops vanilla ice cream, frozen hard
- ⅓ cup cold milk
- In a blender, combine the chocolate sauce, ½ scoop of ice cream, and the milk.
- Puree on low speed until blended.
- Add the remaining ice cream and blend on low speed to combine, less than 1 minute.
- Pour into a tall, chilled glass and enjoy!
For a richer chocolate experience, substitute with chocolate ice cream.