Caramel Whipped Cream
This tan-colored cream is wonderful served alongside any chilled dessert, between the layers of a dark chocolate cake, or atop of hot cup of drinking chocolate.
Makes 3½ cups
- ½ cup Caramel Sauce, chilled
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- In a bowl, combine the Caramel Sauce and 1 cup of the cream. Stir well to dissolve the caramel, then add the remaining cream.
- Either by hand or using a mixer, lightly whip the cream until it just mounds in the bowl. Take care not to overwhip the cream, as this will cause it to stiffen and lose its creamy texture.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.